SAVE ON TYRES LTD - GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
Save On Tyres Ltd takes its obligations concerning data protection seriously. We are providing this notice so you have information about how we collect and process your personal data. We ask you to please read this Privacy Notice as it has important information you need to know.
What does our company do?
Save On Tyres Ltd are an automotive tyre specialist, fitting, repairing & replacing car, van, lorry & other vehicles tyres and performing wheel alignment services to both consumers and businesses. We work with contracted specialists and vehicle dealerships that supply us with parts and services to enable us to service & repair your vehicle.
What information do we collect and process?
In order for us to supply, service or repair your vehicle it is legitimate and necessary to receive from you necessary personal data. “Personal Data” is information about you which, either on its own or when connected with other data, allows us to identify you as an individual customer to provide you with our services. The personal data we hold may include the following:
· Your full name and contact information (address, town, postcode, email and phone number)
· Your credit card details and/or bank account details (if paying by cheque or bank transfer)
· Your purchase details (including time, date and cost, and VAT status and warranty/insurance excess)
· Your insurance/warranty company (if our work is part of an insurance/warranty claim)
· Your vehicle information (make, model, registration number)
· Your proof of identity (valid driving licence and/or passport)
· Your image on security CCTV around our site
· Your work address and contact information (where appropriate)
· Your calls and correspondence with us
· Your feedback
Personal data will be collected from you or passed to us by your warranty/insurance company/vehicle manufacturer or vehicle recovery agent. However, some personal data may, where lawful to do so, or with your consent, be collected by us from third parties.
Please note that you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data, but not providing certain data could prevent us from serving you.
Why do we need your personal data?
Save On Tyres Ltd processes personal data about you for a number of purposes, including:
· To administrate the process of quoting the price of, supplying, repairing & fitting tyres on your vehicle
· To make an appointment with you to assess & repair your vehicle at your home or place of work
· To make contact with you with offers and services relating to the tyres & services available for your vehicle
· To organise specialist repair functions such as system recalibration with contracted third parties
· To follow up with you shortly after the fitting/repair of tyres or service to your vehicle to check everything is okay
· For internal record keeping (to be able to respond to customer enquiry and invoicing)
· To carry out customer satisfaction surveys directly or via our manufacturers.
· For number plate recognition as part of our customer service and site security
· To process payments by credit/debit card or bank account details
· To remind or update you, regarding the maintenance of your vehicle (such as MOT) and advise of progress or completion dates.
· To provide our services to you as requested or agreed
· To help us improve the services we offer
This list is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time.
We do not ‘trade’ in your personal data and will not sell or rent your details.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Your personal information may be made available with third parties providing relevant services under contract to Save On Tyres Ltd, such as specialists in system recalibration, auditors, compliance managers, insurance companies, IT hosting, and maintenance providers. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf in accordance with the services we have requested and contract terms imposed.
We may also disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law.
In the event that we sell our business, we may share your details with the buyer to enable them to fulfil the service we have agreed with you.
Your personal information will not be transferred to, stored or otherwise processed outside the UK.
Do we get involved in direct marketing?
Save On Tyres Ltd does use direct marketing activities in relation to products and services which may be of interest to you based on your purchase history. Our marketing activities in the form of customer letters, newsletters, emails, surveys and SMS messages are totally optional and we can adjust the way we communicate with you.
We can manage your communication preferences for you - simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What rights do you have to amend personal data?
You have the right to review the personal data held by us and have inaccurate information about you corrected. To understand more about our data processing activities or to request access to your personal information please contact us on email@example.com
How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal information will be retained for an appropriate period of time. We will keep your data for the duration of you being classed as a current customer. We define a current customer as someone who has had tyres fitted/repaired or we have provided a service/quotation to within the last 5 years.
Save On Tyres Ltd may keep your details on record for as long as it is necessary to meet record keeping requirements. We hold booking, invoice and email details for seven years. They are then deleted in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation. Should you wish to make a warranty claim after this period, you will need to provide a copy of our invoice or our completed guarantee. Inbound and outbound telephone calls may be recorded and stored for 12 months and then deleted.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Save On Tyres Ltd may change this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law.
We may collect technical data about the type of internet browser and computer operating system you use. This information does not identify you as an individual and is only for tracking website usage. We may also place a "cookie" on your hard drive that will help us identify you when you return to our website and allow us to tailor content to your personal preferences. If you do not wish to use "cookies" you may disable this option in your internet browser settings.
Links to external websites
Our website may contain links to and from the websites and digital platforms of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and social media pages. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.